Tallapoosa Work Injury Attorney

Progressively, Tallapoosa, Georgia has seen slow growth in industries reach its borders.  From large-scale manufacturing companies to home-grown agricultural and similar businesses.  The very nature of this type of work carries with it risks for personal injury for the employees while on the job.


Dealing with the red-tape while filing for a workers’ compensation claim can be overwhelming. Wheale Law Firm may be able to help with you workers’ compensation claim. Call our firm today for a free consultation of your claim.

In 2019, 5,333 workers were killed on the job.

-Occupational Health and Safety Administration

What is workers’ compensation and how do I know if I am covered?

Workers’ compensation a compensation program for work-related injuries that is established by law.  In essence, it is an insurance program established by your employer to provide medical, rehabilitation and income benefits for the employee’s benfit in case you suffer a work-related injury.


In the unfortunate circumstance that the injuries lead to death, then workers compensation can provide support for your dependents. Georgia law established that any business with three or more workers, including part time employees, must have workers compensation.


If you are unsure you are covered, you can check your status by clicking here.

What steps should I take following a work-related injury?

First and foremost, if you are injured during your line of work you should immediately seek medical attention. By law, you will not be able to see your personal physician or any provider you wish. Your employer will have an approved list of physicians you must visit for your treatment.


Along with seeing a company approved physician, you will want to inform your employer of the incident. In Georgia, you only have one year from the time of injury to pursue a claim so it is wise to tell your employer as soon as the incident occurs.


You will want to provide any documentation you receive from your medical treatment. Ensure you follow the recovery plan laid out by the medical professional and document any time off from work due to your injury. Wheale Law Firm’s work injury attorney can help guide you through this process.

How will I pay for my treatment?

If your injury was the result of an on-the-job accident, then the company’s workers compensation carrier will cover the cost of your treatment. You can expect for authorized medical bills, physical therapy and prescriptions to be compensated by workers compensation.


If you are unable to work for more than 7 days, then you are entitled to weekly income benefits to offset the loss of wages. Contact our firm today to see what you may be entitled to receive.

Contact Wheale Law Firm for a Free Case Consultation

For a free case consultation, give Wheale Law a call at

678-580-8936 or send an email.  No Commitments.

Unlike most attorneys, Patrick J. Wheale handles personal injury cases exclusively, specializing in helping injured victims.

Wheale Law provides legal services exclusively on a contingent fee basis.  In other words, you pay no upfront costs.  Wheale Law only collects attorney's fees if your case successfully resolves. 

Free Case Evaluation.





Personal Injury Attorney

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Legal work will be performed and files will be kept at the firm's office.